Performing a Sky digibox system software update in Spain
In most cases you will not have to do a manual Sky digibox system software update, as the Sky boxes will automaticlly update the software when ever new software becomes avaialble from Sky.
You may have to perform a manual Sky digibox system software update if your Sky digibox has not been powered on or getting a signal from the satellite for about 6 months.
Ideally the best time of the day to do this is first thing in the morning - when signals strengths are the best, and you are able to receive the 11778 main default transponder frequency, as this is the frequency where the software updates are located.
1) Put the box into Standby mode. (red light mode)
2) Disconnect the power to the receiver
3) Locate the button on the front of the Receiver, named "Back Up". ( ON THE RECEIVER NOT ON THE REMOTE!)
4) Press and hold down the "Back Up" button.
5) WHILE HOLDING IT DOWN, reconnect the power to the receiver (do not release the back-up button yet).
6) About 20 seconds after reconnecting power, all four coloured lights will illuminate on the front of the receiver. If the TV is switched to Sky a message will also appear on screen.. "Updating System Software".
7) Only after the four lights illuminate and the message appears should you release the back-up button.
8) After about 10 minutes the receiver will return to "standby" (i.e.. red LED only).
9) Leave the receiver in standby for 1 minute as it carries out a self check.
10) Switch receiver out of standby (green LED illuminates).
11) The receiver will take a few minutes "Searching For Listings".
You may have to assists the receiver in booting up by using the "Changing Default Transponder" method
12) Your digibox should now be operating on the latest available version of software.
Do not unplug your Skybox from the mains supply or satellite dish during the software upgrade or permanent damage could be done and your box rendered unusable
Do not attempt a firmware upgrade if your Sky Digibox already has the latest firmware version - it will make no difference!
Sky Digibox Software Update
The Sat and PC Guy - Digital Satellite and Terrestrial Installations and Maintenance for the Costa Blanca
or the forum
The Sat and PC Guy FORUM - Digital Satellite and Terrestrial Installations and Maintenance for the Costa Blanca